Friday, September 7, 2012

Acceleration and Velocity

http://astronomyonline.org/Science/VelocityAcceleration.asp

     This resource clearly and simply goes over the basic principles of velocity and acceleration and makes it easy to understand the difference.
      Velocity measures the distance traveled in a particular time frame. The resource gives the formula for velocity as v= d/t (velocity equals distance over time). Velocity only measures constant speeds. Acceleration on the other hand, " is defined as any change in vector ". This means that acceleration measure how how much your speed increases or decreases, or a change in direction.

3 comments:

  1. This is a really good site to use! It explained both velocity and acceleration in an easy way. Also, you used the source to explain it much simpler in your blog. Good job, make sure the fonts are the same though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! It really helps make things clear and easy to understand. I thought it was interesting that you found a website, and I found videos. I guess that just goes to show how people think differently! But I really think the website was extremely useful and could be a nice resource come test time. My one comment would be to expand on your blog post. Other than making things easier, why should we use this for a resource?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog post. This website is very helpful and easy to read. I like how it outlines the formulas in a simple manner, leaving no room for confusion. Also, I found it helpful how it explained acceleration by using the example of a car's gas pedal. The one thing that could be improved on is that your blog post says that same thing as the website in a briefer way. Maybe in your next blog post, you could expand and show how you are connecting the things from a website or other source to the real world, or something showing that you are thinking deeper into these things. Overall, It was an excellent blog post!

    ReplyDelete